Hello, I’m Nelly.
Professionally, I work in marketing, communications, and change management in the private, public, and not for profit sectors, predominantly in a leadership capacity.
My working space is a collection of crumpled papers, post-it notes, books, photographs, brushes, and tea.
I am a polyglot born to parents of two different cultures and divergent personalities, I travelled with them, and was raised in different places. I reside in Ottawa – the traditional unceded territory of the Algonquin Anishnaabeg people.
Why “third culture kid”?
A family friend referred once referred to my friends and I as “third culture kids”. I did a bit of research, and found a few good resources that shed some light on how I may have come upon some of my world views.
- Third Culture Kids: Citizens of everywhere and nowhere
- What Is a ‘Third-Culture Kid’?
- Third Culture Kids: Growing Up Among Worlds
- Am I rootless, or am I free? ‘Third culture kids’ like me make it up as we go along
- Finding a Place for Third-Culture Kids in the Culture
- Finding Home Between Worlds
- How does growing up as a Third Culture Kid (TCK) impact life choices?: Effects on ATCKs and their educational and career experiences
Get in touch